Update 3: Otastorian in 2020


I'm going to start this post by recapping how long it's been since I last posted, as if the fact that I haven't posted in a while by itself isn't a big enough blogging cliche. But yes, it's been four months since the Doujinshi History post came out. Since then, life has been pretty crazy for humanity. Not that that had a huge effect on my productivity, considering that I've had this blog a few weeks short of a year, and I've only made three posts in that time. Granted, the last post I made was pretty beefy, but the point remains that this place has gone untouched for far too long, and that simply should not be. Now, this is actually going to be really short post by Otastorian standards, because in about a week or so, there'll be a new full length post. This post is just a stop gap between the endless void of no posts for the last few months, and the next actual post which is coming out sooner rather than later, but still not right now, which is when I need a post. So yeah. Anyways, earlier this year, I documented my journey through the original Cardcaptor Sakura anime series on Twitter. This post that is coming out will be a full discussion on my thoughts for everything that I watched (the TV series, both movies, and three OVA episodes). In the weeks that follow, I'll be doing more similar posts for other anime that I've completed from my backlog. I actually mentioned documenting my thoughts as I go through my backlog in my post-first post update post, but I said it would be an extra series. I don't know what I meant by that, but basically, the situation right now is that the big, research heavy posts like the Doujinshi History post that I did are gonna take a long time to come out just because of the amount of time I put into the research for them. So while those long, research heavy series like "Otaku Culture Concepts Explained" will still be the main flagship posts for this blog, the "main series" will just be me writing about my thoughts on different otaku media that I've completed. I'm going to keep it to older shows, just to fit in with the theme of the name, but yeah, that's basically where we're doing for the time being. I may or may not keep doing episode by episode hot takes on Twitter as well. The next full TV series on the list is Mobile Suit Gundam. I won't do the Twitter posts for that one, and I'll just see how I like it. Also, for those of you who really enjoyed the Doujinshi History post and prefer it's style to the more typical anime blogger type post that these next few will be, don't worry, those will still be coming out in the future. I really enjoy doing all this heavy research, but this format change will allow me to write more. And considering the output for those is already only once a year currently, I feel like you won't be missing to much. But that's all. I'll see you in the Cardcaptor Sakura post, reader.


Comments